Emerging Leaders Program Class of 2024 Application
Deadline: April 7, 2023, 12:00 pm CT
NOTE: To create an application, please scroll to the bottom of this page, choose the "more" button, and register for an account on the next page.
Think globally. Lead locally.
Through the Emerging Leaders Program at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, you can deepen your understanding of global issues and cultivate the skills you need to step into your future as a global leader in Chicago.
By participating in the Council’s Emerging Leaders Program, you can expect to:
- Develop a thorough, multifaceted understanding of global affairs and US foreign policy
- Consider how global challenges impact your field and how your field impacts the world
- Formulate and articulate clear, informed opinions on global issues
- Hone your public speaking skills
- Learn how to write op-eds and policy briefs
- Deftly handle television interviews and other media engagements
- Become part of a broad network of global leaders from a wide range of industries
- Connect with global leaders and experts, including ambassadors, US representatives and senators, government officials, policymakers, and journalists
You should be highly accomplished in your career and expect to rise to the top of your fields in the private, nonprofit, or public sectors in the next five to ten years. We intentionally seek exceptional leaders who reflect Chicago's rich diversity.
For more information on the Emerging Leaders Program, selection criteria, financial commitment, and more, please visit our website.